A New Paradigm Shift
Nuheart represents a paradigm shift on a major frontier in the treatment of cardiac diseases.
- Heart Failure (HF) is the main frontier in cardiology, with an estimated worldwide HF population of 26 million patients.
- The device allows for a rapid treatment, tailored to the patient’s need.
- Device-based approaches will likely be the prefered solution, but the current device concepts only address limited patient populations and thus have poor market penetration.
- Nuheart represents the first non-invasive yet full support VAD concept, meaning that it does not require surgery while providing heart support in line with more invasive alternatives.
- The device offers well defined, intuitive, stepwise and quick treatment.
- Future potential for a fully implantable VAD and power system with Intravenous Energy Tranfer (IVET).
- Nuheart will address a greater patient population as well as increased clinical scenarios in one device.
“The technique of creating a percutaneous atrial-aortic connection, in my opinion, is one of the major novel aspects of Nuheart […] The placement of a pump located in the central axis of an occluder type device is the second major novel aspect of Nuheart.”
“Nuheart represents a ground breaking new concept for the failing heart; where the fully percutaneous LVAD connects the left atrium with the aorta.”